Starting 3/25 I-Ready Distant Learning
I-Ready is a new program the county has adopted for distant learning. Students will click on the link below. Their login is their first and last initial capitalized with their lunch number. Their password is their lunch number only.
About the Teacher/Welcome Msg
Education: I graduated at Bradley University in Peoria, Illinois with a Bachelor Degree in Elementary Education. I received a minor is science. I am a National Boards teacher. I plan to get a Masters in Special Education.
Experience: I have been teaching for eleven years. I have taught first, second, and third grade.
Bio: I have lived in Mississippi for eight years now. I am originally from Illinois. I have been married for seventeen years and have two daughters named Gabriella and Bridgett. We all love living in Mississippi and being part of DeSoto County Schools. Our family loves to go to the library, zoo, Botanical Garden, and travel together.
DISTANT LEARNING SCHEDULE
THIS IS JUST A SUGGESTED SCHEDULE:
- 8:30-9:00- Classworks in Language Arts (Progress Monitoring-green button once a week)
- 9:00-9:40- i-Ready Online Instruction-Reading
- 9:40-10:00- break
- 10:00-11:00-Independent reading-Read a book independently to yourself. Then write a summary or share what you read.
- 11:00-11:30 EXCERCISE/outdoor play
- 11:30-12:30-Write about reading (read a passage either online, book, magazine, or newspaper and write a relevant response to it. For example-A narrative from another point-of-view, a persuasive paper stating your opinion and why you believe that way, or do a research paper to follow up on the information just read.)
- 12:30-1:00 - LUNCH
- 1:00-1:40-Do a fun activity such as sing/dance, art, games/puzzles
- 1:40-2:20-i-Ready math
- 2:20-2:50 - Classworks-math
- 2:50-3:10-Practice math facts(on computer, flashcards, or use 2 dice)
LCES third grade teachers have already planned out weekly lessons that will start March 25 and run through April 17.
New weekly assignments in ELA and Math will be released in i-Ready every Wednesday, and I will check each student's progress for necessary remediation or enrichment activities.
Please make sure your child gets on Classworks in both Language Arts and Math each day. On Monday, students should click the green progress monitoring button at the top of the page.